Translate

domingo, noviembre 3

THE CHOCOLATE BLOCK

Como  lo prometido es deuda a continuación encontraran un relato del que pudiera ser mi vino favorito. 

I am minding my own business, making copies of tasting mats, and someone who  just can’t help themselves from asking about the placemats forces me to admit that I am prepping to lead a wine tasting and the next thing out of their mouth is “So, what’s your favorite wine?”

There are many reasons we don’t care for this question. First of all, my “favorite” wine is usually the one I am with. Second, it changes all the time! Third, I really don’t want to offend anyone –and you never know who is listening! Finally, people usually only ask you that question because they want to tell you about their favorite wine, which is sometimes just painful to listen to….

Ok, thanks for listening to my rant. While I stand by the idea that “what’s your favorite wine” is a question wine professionals would rather not answer, over the years I have developed a pat answer that, while getting me out of many a squirmish situation, is also based in truth.

My standard answer to the question is: The Chocolate Block, a South African red blend produced by the Boekenhoutskloof Winery in Franschoek. Now, I will admit that my uncanny (and much-rehearsed) ability to pronounce “Boekenhoutskloof” may be part of the package, however, this is also an amazing wine, delicious and seductive, and like all good things…it comes with a great story.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario